It is the Company’s policy to comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws. This commitment reflects the value we place on earning and keeping the trust of our customers, business partners, and others who share their personal information with us.
The Company’s Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever the Company collects personal information, we will:
· collect your personal information only for specified and legitimate purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
- take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
· not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes without giving you an opportunity to “opt-out”; and
· take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within the Company.
Personal Information the Company Collects
The Company collects the following types of personal information:
· Information You Provide
The Company collects personal information you provide us, which may include: (i) contact information, such as your name, company name, job title, address, e-mail address, and phone number; (ii) additional information about how you use our products or services; (iii) comments, questions, requests and orders you may make; (iv) financial information needed to process payments if you make purchases, such as credit card or account information or tax identification number; and (v) information about your preferences, such as your preferred methods of communication and the types of products and services in which you are interested.
· Information Automatically Gathered from Your Device
Device and browser information. The Company may collect technical information about your device, such as device type, browser type, IP address, operating system, and device identifier. The Company may collect this information automatically from your device and web browser through cookies and similar technologies.
Information about how you interact with us. The Company may collect technical data about your usage of the Website and how you interact with the Website, such as content viewed or downloaded, features used, links clicked, and dates and times of interactions. The Company may collect this information using cookies and similar technologies.
Location information. The Company may collect location information, including precise real-time location information from your device and imprecise location information derived from, for example, your IP address or postal code.
· Cookies and Similar Technologies:
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, page view, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website. The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website.
Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
You have choices about the personal information you provide the Company. You may choose not to provide information that we request, but if you do so, we may not be able to provide you a relevant service or a particular feature of the Website.
How the Company Uses Your Personal Information
The Company may use your personal information to:
· Develop and manage our relationships with you and our Business Partners. This may include: (i) delivering services or carrying out transactions that you or our Business Partners have requested; (ii) providing information about the Company’s products, services, transactions, and advertisements, that may be of interest to you; (iii) providing you and our Business Partners a more consistent experience in interacting with the Company, including by learning more about you and how you use and interact with the Website, products, and services; and (iv) planning, managing, and performing under our contractual relationships with our Business Partners.
· Communicate with you or your company. This may include: (i) informing you of the Company’s products, services, and promotional activities that may be of interest to you or your company; (ii) providing information about relevant Company products, services, and transactions, including, for example, pricing information, technical data, invoice, shipping, or production information, warranty or recall information, or information about product or service improvements; (iii) responding to questions or inquiries that you make, including customer service requests; and (iv) inviting you to participate in, or informing you of the results of, customer satisfaction or market research surveys.
· Provide and improve our Company Website, products, and services. This may include: (i) customizing them to your preferences or interests, making them more compatible with your technology, or otherwise making them easier to use; (ii) maintaining the security of and otherwise protecting them; and (iii) developing new Company Websites, products and services.
· Address legal issues. This may include: (i) complying with our obligations to retain certain business records for minimum retention periods; (ii) establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims; (iii) complying with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal process; (iv) detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violation of our contracts or agreements, violations of law, or other misuse of the Website, products or services; and (v) protecting the Company’s rights or property, or yours or others’ health, safety, welfare, rights, or property.
The Company may also use your personal information for other uses consistent with the context in which the information was collected or with your consent.
The Company may anonymize or aggregate any of the information we collect and use it for any purpose, including for research and product-development purposes. Such information will not identify you individually.
When the Company May Share Your Personal Information
The Company will not disclose your personal information except as described here:
· The Company may share your personal information with other Company entities. When we do so, these other Company entities will use your information in a manner consistent with this Policy and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
· The Company may also share your personal information with third parties we hire to perform support services for us and to help us use your personal information as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
· In some cases, the Company may share your personal information with third parties who partner with us to provide products and services to our clients, such as distributors. If so, we will require our Business Partners to use that information in a manner consistent with this Policy and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
· The Company may share your personal information with third parties when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary: (i) to comply with a law, regulation, court order, or other legal process; (ii) to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violation of our contracts or agreements, violation of law, or other misuse of the Website, products or services; (iii) to protect the Company’s rights or property or yours or others’ health, safety, welfare, rights, or property; or (iv) under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
· The Company may share your personal information with third parties in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of the Company, or under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
· The Company may share your information with your permission or at your request.
The Company may share anonymized or aggregated information internally and with third parties for any purpose. Such information will not identify you individually.
Security of Your Personal Information
Your personal information will generally be stored in the Company’s databases or databases maintained by our service providers. The Company maintains reasonable safeguards to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal information. Although we use security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control.
Links to Third Party Internet Sites and Plugins
The Website may contain links to websites or mobile apps that are not operated by the Company and plugins from social media platforms and other third parties. We provide these links and plugins as a service and do not imply any endorsement of the activities or content of the related websites, apps, or social media platforms, nor any association with their operators. To learn about the information collected by these third-party websites, apps, and plugins, please visit their privacy policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies for the websites, apps, and social media platforms you visit before using them or providing personal information.
Retention of Your Personal Information
How long we keep your personal information will vary and will depend on the purpose and use of the information collected. There are legal requirements that we keep some types of data for specific periods. Otherwise, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected.
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. The Company will not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children under 13, or the relevant minimum age under applicable local legal requirements, except as permitted under applicable law.
By using the Website, you signify your acceptance of this Policy and the practices described herein. If you do not agree to this Policy and such practices, please do not use the Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any changes to this Policy will confirm your acceptance of such changes.
Questions about this Policy
If you have any questions about this Policy or our use of your personal information, please contact:
Westinghouse Electric & Manufacturing Company, LLC d/b/a Westinghouse Electric Corporation
4000 Town Center Blvd., Suite 210
Canonsburg, PA 15317
Changes to this Policy
Changes to this Policy will be posted on this site, along with information on any material changes. The Company reserves the right to update or modify this Policy at any time and without prior notice. Any modifications will apply only to the personal information we collect after the posting.
This Policy was last revised in January 2023.