Westinghouse encourages all of its customers to recycle their used televisions and electronics devices.
Residents of Maine see below for more information.
Beginning July 20, 2006, all waste televisions generated by households in Maine must be recycled (unless shipped out of state for disposal). Please contact your local municipality for information about how and where to recycle your television sets in your area. For more information about Maine’s electronic waste law, please visit the Maine Department of Environmental Protection website at http://www.maine.gov/dep/waste/ewaste/index.html.
Benefits of Recycling
Environmental, economic and community benefits can be attained from recycling.
For the environment, recycling:
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators;
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water and minerals; and
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials.
For the economy, recycling:
- Increases economic security by tapping a domestic source of materials; and
- Saves energy.
For communities, recycling:
- Supports American manufacturing and conserves valuable resources; and
- Helps create jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United States.
Westinghouse Electronics has partnered with ERI to provide responsible electronics recycling options. Please visit http://eridirect.com/consumer for information. – See https://hyundaitechnology.com/pages/responsible-recycling